Thank you for accessing the Berkshire Blanket, Inc. website (“Site”). We respect your privacy and personal information, and want to protect them. Please read this Privacy and Security Policy (“Policy”) to lean how we collect, use, and (sometimes) disclose your personal information, as well as what options you have about these processes.
By visiting the Site either directly, or through another site, you accept the practices described in this Policy.
We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices on any web site not operated by Berkshire Blanket, Inc. to which the Site links or that links to the Site.
Why we collect information from you
We strive to make your shopping experience on our site efficient, easy, and customized for you. For these reasons, we may collect information from you for one or more of these reasons:
1. So that you won’t have to re-enter information repeatedly.
2. To show you the products and information you seek as quickly as possible.
3. To help us create content that is relevant for you.
4. To let you know about special offers, new products, and other details.
We may collect your:
• Name, address, and phone number when you create an account or place an order on the Site. We use this information to complete your purchase, ship your order, and make future purchases easier so you don’t have to re-enter your information. This information may also be used for mailing you information on future Berkshire Blanket promotions or catalogs. This information may be disclosed to our staff and to third parties involved in the completion of your transaction, the delivery of your order or the support of your use of the BerkshireBlanket.com web site.
• Email Address when you create an account, place an order, or sign up for our email mailing list, on the Site. We use this information to complete your purchases, to support your use of the BerkshireBlanket.com web site and to comply with any requirements of the law. This information may be disclosed to our staff and to third parties involved in the completion of your transaction, the delivery of your order or the support of your use of the BerkshireBlanket.com Site. We will only use this email address to provide you with information and updates regarding Berkshire Blanket products and special offers occurring on the BerkshireBlanket.com Site if you have opted-in to this service on the Registration page, or by signing up for our mailing list. If you wish to be taken off the Berkshire Blanket email mailing list at any time, please click the link provided in every email you receive from Berkshire Blanket.
• Purchase Information. We may collect information actively generated by the purchase of a product. We use this information to process your order and support your use of the BerkshireBlanket.com Site. This information may be disclosed only to our staff and to third parties involved in the completion of your transaction, the delivery of your order or the support of your use of the BerkshireBlanket.com web site.
• Navigation and Clickstream Data. As you browse our Site, we may gather navigational and clickstream data that shows what pages are visited and how various features were accessed and used. This information is completely anonymous and will not be linked to you personally. We use this information to improve product information and offers or to improve your experience on the BerkshireBlanket.com Site. This information may be disclosed only to our staff and to third parties involved in the completion of your transaction, the delivery of your order and the support of your use of the BerkshireBlanket.com Site.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads on our behalf. These companies may employ cookies and action tags (also known as single pixel gifs or web beacons) to measure advertising effectiveness. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and action tags is completely anonymous.
About cookies, and why we use them...
We protect the information we collect
We offer secure web pages to collect certain kinds of user information, and when that information needs to be stored, it is kept in a secure encrypted database format. We follow reasonable technical and management practices to help protect the confidentiality, security and integrity of data stored on our system. While no computer system is completely secure, we believe the measures implemented through our web site processes reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate. The servers for the BerkshireBlanket.com site use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), an encryption technology that works with web browsers, so that only BerkshireBlanket.com can read a customer's personal information when it is being transmitted over the Internet.
Fair Credit Billing Act:
The Fair Credit Billing Act protects you to ensure that online transactions are safe. You pay nothing if unauthorized charges are made to your card as a result of shopping at our online store. Under the Fair Credit Billing Act, your bank cannot hold you liable for more than $50.00 of fraudulent charges. If your bank does hold you liable for any of this $50.00, we will cover the entire liability for you, up to the full $50.00. We will only cover this liability if the unauthorized use of your credit card resulted through no fault of your own from purchases made while using our secure server through our Site. In the event of unauthorized use of your credit card, you must notify your credit card provider in accordance with its reporting rules and procedures.
We store this information only as necessary
We generally keep user data on our server or in our archives for as long as we reasonably need it. We may alter this practice according to changing requirements. For example, we may delete some data if needed to free up storage space. We may keep other data for longer periods if the law requires it. In addition, information posted in a public forum could stay in the public domain indefinitely.
Your consent to this policy
If you need to contact a Berkshire Blanket representative for any questions regarding privacy or security, please use our Contact Us form or call 1-800-372-2018 during our regular business hours of 8am to 8pm Eastern time, Monday through Saturday, to reach Berkshire Blanket Customer Care.